In our Part Time career watchmaking course you’ll learn the craft of watchmaking with watchmaker Steven Richardson and his team of Master watchmakers. As a student you will be taken through the process of watchmaking from concept to construction and completion and learn the mental focus, discipline, and skill you will need to be successful in the field of watchmaking.
In just 8 months you will be certified in Mechanical Time only with date watch repair and awarded with a guaranteed job in the watch industry over hauling and servicing Rolex, Cartier, Brentling, and many more top brand timepieces.
The Art of Horology School is located in the New York City jewelry and watch district at 62 west 47th street Suite 1614b NY, NY 10036
- Tool and equipment maintenance
- Selection and application of measuring devices
- Troubleshooting procedures for machines and equipment
- Relevant safety regulations and procedures
- Relevant environmental standards
- Basic principles of physics
- Basic metalworking principles
- Handling of materials, operating machines and equipment
- Properties of process materials, especially hazardous materials
- Potential hazards in storage and application
- Learn how to assemble and disassemble a mechanical movement
- Learn how to test mechanical movement for water resistance
- Learn how to test mechanical movement for timing and stock
- Learn how to demagnetize the mechanical movement
- Learn how to trouble shoot and repair mechanical movement
- Learn how to order mechanical parts from specialist suppliers
- Learn how to assemble and disassemble a mechanical watch
- Learn how to understand the basic frequencies
- Learn how to understand rotation in the mechanical movements
Days: 4 days a week Monday to Thursday
Time: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Weekend: Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm
The total Tuition is $14,800
Watchmaker kit will be an additional $ 2,400.
Each applicant must schedule an appointment to take a mechanical aptitude and math test. The test fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the tuition fee upon acceptance. Limited space is available. The number of students per class is 4 to 12 students at a time, so that each student will get the attention that they need.